Keynote address delivered by Hereditary Chief Phil Lane Jr. of the Ihanktowan Dakota and Chickasaw Nations. Phil Lane was speaking to the 3rd Annual International Indigenous Leaders Gathering focused on the theme “Protecting the Sacred.” It was held in Lillooet, British Columbia, May 30-June 5, 2011.
APA Annual Convention, Washington DC, August 7-10, 2014
UN "General Assembly Thematic Debate: Culture deserves recognition in the Post-2015 Agenda" May5， 2014 - the panel discussion was titled "The power of culture for poverty eradication and sustainable development" WebLink
J P Das（2014）An introduction to current scientific thinking and research on consciousness. CONSCIOUSNESS QUEST- Where East Meets West On Mind, Meditation, and Neural Correlates. Sage Publishing, Hardback (978-81-321-1349-2), 340 pages. PDF
Nastasi, Bonnie Kaul PhD, Co-Chair, CIRP (2014). Promoting an International Perspective in Psychology. Psychology International, March 2014. Link
2014 APA Annual Convention (Washington DC, August 7-10) symposium proposal, ID: sym914063, Beyond Trauma: Ethnic Minority Groups on Death and Dying
Qualitative Inquiry in the History of Psychology by Frederick J. Wertz and Josselson, Ruthellen (2014) APA Journals social media sites (Facebook and Google+).
The Encyclopedia of Critical Psychology (Springer, 2014) (4 vols; 2400 pages) in which members of the division have published. Link
A Critical History and Philosophy of Psychology: Diversity of Context, Thought, and Practice” (Richard T. G. Walsh, Thomas Teo, Angelina Baydala) (Cambridge University Press, 2014) (728 p.). (Paperback, ISBN: 9780521691260) Link
CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON INDIGENOUS RESEARCH by GEORGE J. SEFA DEI (2013) Socialist Studies / Études socialistes Volume 9 (1),Spring 2013. Link
Shweder, Richard A. (2013). The Goose and the Gander: The Genital Wars. Global Discourse: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Current Affairs and Applied Contemporary Thought
(special issue on genital autonomy and cultural rights). DOI:10.1080/23269995.2013.811923. link
Stewart, L. (2012). Commentary on cultural diversity across the Pacific: The dominance of Western theories, models, research and practice in psychology. JOURNAL OF PACIFIC RIM PSYCHOLOGY, 6, pp. 27–31. Doi 10.1017/prp.2012.1 27 pdf
- Blakely, Tony (UOW) and Simmers, Don (NZMA), with input from many colleagues (2011). FACT AND ACTION SHEETS ON HEALTH INEQUITIES. New Zealand College of Public Health Medicine pdf
- Addy, Nia (2008). White Privilege and Cultural Racism - Effects on the Counseling Process. New Zealand Journal of Counseling. VOLUME 28/1, pp 11- 23 pdf
- Taylor, Janelle S. (2003). Confronting ‘‘Culture’’ in Medicine’s ‘‘Culture of No Culture’’. ACADEMIC MEDICINE, VOL. 78, NO. 6/JUNE 2003 555; pp. 555-559 pdf
- Reviewers: Durie, Mason, Ngata, Paratene, Whare, James Te, etc. and the Mäuri Ora Associates team (2008). Best Health Outcomes for Maori: Practice Implications (Booklet). Medical Council of New Zealand by Mäuri Ora Associates. pdf
- Indian Journal of Career and Livelihood Planning
IJCLP, Volume 1, Issue 1, April 2012
Journal of the Indian Association for Career and Livelihood
Planning (IACLP) PDF
- 2012 International Conference on New Perspectives in East Asian Studies: The Development of Culture-Grounded Psychology; June 1-2, 2012; National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan PDF
- Culture and Creativity: Toward a Psychology Beyond the STEM Model - APA Annual Convention 2012, Orlando, Florida,
August 5th, 12 to 2pm, Convention Center, Room W103A PDF
- The National Congress of American Indians Policy Research
Center and Montana State University's Center for Native Health Partnerships are please to share a new resource. Walk Softly and Listen Carefully: Building Research Relationships with Tribal Communities was produced with insights from those involved with tribal research in Montana and elsewhere.
Increasingly, tribal leaders acknowledge that research is a key tool of tribal sovereignty in providing data and information to guide community planning, cross-community coordination, and program and policy development. Efforts to address longstanding issues, such as health disparities for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN), have increasingly used partnership research approaches. This document seeks to strengthen these partnerships by providing insight about how culture, sovereignty, and experience matter in research with Native communities.
You may download a copy of the report here: http://cnhp.montana.edu/WalkSoftly.htm
- Culture and Creativity: Toward a Psychology Beyond the STEM Model
APA Annual Convention 2012, Orlando, Florida
August 5th, 12 to 2pm,
Convention Center, Room W103A
Symposium co-sponsored by Division 32 (Humanistic Psychology) and Division 10 (Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts)
Chair: Louise Sundararajan
Presenters: Joseph E. Trimble, Western Washington University;
Peter Ping Li, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark;
Dharm P. S. Bhawuk, University of Hawaii at Manoa;
Louise Sundararajan and Maharaj Raina;
Ken Gergen, Swarthmore College.
- Stockholm University School of Business is currently looking for 40 research assistants from 40 countries for a research project "Yin Yang: A new perspective on culture" led by TONY FANG. Deadline for submission: November 1, 2011.
- PSYCHOLOGY & THE OTHER Conference Oct. 1-3, 2011, Cambridge, MA (main flyer)
- Psychology and the Other 2011- Tentative Schedule
- Asian Association for Social Psychology, Kunming, China, July 28-31, 2011 (brochure)
- Symposium for Asian Association for Social Psychology, Kunming, China, July 28-31, 2011
- The first Symposium by Task Force members was co-sponsored by two APA divisions: Division 32 (Society for Humanistic Psychology) and Division 24 (Theoretical and Philosophical Psychology).